Join us in a Daily DNK adventure, share on social for your chance to win!
As we go through these unprecedented times, things are changing daily even hourly. We have taken on a new routine with having our son at home full time with us, DNK Presents planned trips on hold, we are still figuring out our “new normal” and how we can remain healthy during these times. I’ve listed some things that you and your family can do right now.
- Hiking/Running/Walking – Some parks are still open, the weather is getting warmer and it’s a great time to get outside. Check to make sure the trails and parks are open in your area before venturing out, with the Hiking Project (app) you can find trails in your area.
- Camping – Have your spring break trips been cancelled? You can still have fun in the outdoors and it’s something you can do with the whole family. Springtime means less bugs, cooler temperatures and sometimes fewer crowds. If going to a campground isn’t an option for you try camping in your own backyard or even in your living room. We could all use something else fun to do inside with the kids, am I right?!
- Biking – Road, gravel, trail – Choose a trail close to home and one you have been on before.
- Tree or spring flower identification – Have fun doing something fun and different in the outdoors with your family.
- Plant a garden – You can order seeds online and have fresh fruit and home-grown vegetables this summer and fall.
Do you have other ideas? Let us know in the comments! Starting today join us in sharing your #dailyDNKadventure by posting a photo or video of what you are doing to stay adventurous and healthy during this time. Make sure to use the hashtag #dailyDNKAdventure and tag DNK Presents on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter to be considered to win some prizes like one of our new Buffs (neckware) and some sweet DNK Presents stickers. We will be picking our favorite photos and videos and will be selecting winners randomly!
Remember when going outdoors during this time make sure to go to an area close to home, it’s best not to try a completely new trail in a new park, always tell someone where you are going if you are going alone, do not go out if you are feeling sick, stay a safe distance away from people if you see others out on the trails, avoid any unnecessary risk and have fun out there!
Mountain Biker Tips
P.S. Here is a note from Kate and specifically for all the mountain bikers.
– Ride only if you don’t have symptoms
– Ride only with members of your household
– Keep a distance of 6 feet between other riders and while greeting or passing others on the trail
– Ride close to home to avoid spreading the virus
– Ride safely, don’t try any new jumps or drops – avoid any hospital trips
– Wash your hands when you come back home
Stay stoked, be safe and remain healthy!
We could all use a good laugh right now, if you haven’t seen our latest video on Leave No Trace, check it out here!